SF Bay Area - I will soon have baby Sepia bandensis for sale

How much were your adults? And what has their lifespan been so far? Any growth?

Colin,

The wild caught adults were between 50 and 75 dollars. I have had one for over 7 months and there has been definite growth. The babies are eating like pigs and seem to be growing daily.

What do they go for in your neck of the woods?

the tropical species are about the same but about $20 for officinalis babies...

I think the next time you could maybe try selling the eggs and that way shipping would be cheap and you would pass on the expense of feeding the wee yuns to the new keeper...

Are you going to try and breed these babies back to new stock?

I will definatly see if anyone wants eggs, but only if they really understand the cost of raising them!
I plan to start selling in the next month.

I don't have eggs right now, just babies for sale. They are eating guppies and ghost shrimp and small crabs. Shipping will be spendy...if you are interested shoot me an email.

RR

Hi
I'm definitely interested. I did read your other post about shipping and are considering your area first. I'm willing to pay for shipping, that's not a problem. Just let me know when/if you can.
thanks
Ed

I'll just try to answer the questions. Bandensis live anywhere from 1 - 2 years, we don't know for sure as no one has really bred them before... til now (at least i think so). The longest i kept a bandensis for was about a year, but i got it when it was already an inch long.

Regarding keeping the cuttles in a 30 gal, It depends largely on the sex of the cuttles, if its a male and 2 females, they could co-exist but its likely they'll fight at some point of time. More than one male in a tank that small is going to result in a loss. The problem is that there is no obvious sexual dimorphism in cephalopods.

Hope this helps :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back