• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Sexing Cuttlefish

lance

Wonderpus
Registered
How do you tell the difference between male and female in Cuttlefish is there a defining characteristic? Or does it vary with species?

thanks,

Lance
:cuttlego:

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
Their reactions to the presence of other cuttles seems to be the easiest way to tell from what I understand, and this is only after they have become sexually mature.

lance

Wonderpus
Registered
What a display

Thanks for that link to the video I really like that species what information do you guys have about that Cuttle?

Thanks,

Lance
:grad:

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Animal Mother;132325 said:
A little click here and a little click there, here's some stuff, there's some stuff, everywhere some cuttle stuff... Dan and Richard have a farm, E I E I O...
:lol: Thanks! I needed that

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Animal Mother;132325 said:
A little click here and a little click there, here's some stuff, there's some stuff, everywhere some cuttle stuff... Dan and Richard have a farm, E I E I O...
Brilliant!

lance

Wonderpus
Registered
thanks guys

thanks guys,

For the information on the Cuttlefish I am going to research then pick your brain's on my idea's for the tank. Thanks again for the information if you guy's have any idea's for the tank setup please let me know.

Lance
:cuttlehi:

Members online

No members online now.