Seven - O.Hummelincki

Well that was easy, I just made initial contact. He came out of his den at about 11 this morning. He then just sat in the middle of the glass a watched me. After about 30 minutes of him just staring at me i said what the heck and went over to him. i stuck my finger in the top corner of the tank and he came racing right up to it. He then did the typical octo grab with four arms(well 3.5 here) and he did few hard pulls and let go. then he just sat there. i then took the opportunity to give another 1/2 a shrimp tail.

Oh I forgot to mention I think He is a male. He keeps his third arm curled very tight 100% of the time so far.
And since he is Octopus number seven, I think I might call him Lucky, but I'm not sure yet.

Sooo I guess I didn't feed him enough as he ate my HUGE hermit crab. The shell on the hermit is bigger than his mantle. Not only did he eat it but he mutilated it and spread the remains everywhere. It looks like a hermit explosion in there. I have not tried contact again yet but when I walk up to the tank he comes dancing right over too me, says hi and then goes back to what evert he was doing which at this point is just exploring.

His name has been decided, Being that he is my 7th octopus and he has 7 arms, I'm going to call him Seven. People around here wanted to call him lucky but it was too cheesy, and 'Lucky Seven' was too long, I think.(could change my thread title please, TY)

DSCN2411.jpg

Second contact: It was about 15 minutes before his lights turn out(they go out at 8pm). i saw him cruising the glass and i decided to stick a finger in the tank and see wat happened. well i stuck my finger in the same corner as before and sure enough Seven came dancing right over He grabbed me with three arms(again would be 4 but 1 is missing) and did the usually few tugs. As usual I stood my ground, right after his fourth tug he freaked out squirted ink everywhere and shot back to his den. This was the first time i have had this reaction to human contact.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back