Setting up cuttlefish tank

squidward1320

Hatchling
Registered
Hi everyone! I Have a 120gal Reef tank which has been setup and running for about a year now. I needed a place to frag out some corals that are getting to big. Soo instead of just getting a 100-75gal tank for just frags i was thinking of makeing a species tank for a cuttlefish/prop tank.

I know cuttlefish wont bother corals but probly will mess with the clean up crew. Which wont be a problem because i have about a million snails in my refuge tank. I was wondering what species of cuttlefish would like reef temps and have plenty of room in a 100-75gal tank.

would the cuttlefish mind haveing corals in the tank with it? sorry for being a newbie when it comes to these creatures. But these creatures are soo amazing and interesting :smile: .

thanks!

William Tyson

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
refer to the ceph care section and look at the cuttlefish articles.

also :welcome: to tonmo

for your size tank and temp i would do a colony of sepia bandensis, you wont have a proublem with hermit crabs or snails being eatn as your cuttle wont bother with them.

-Will

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Supporter
I've seen one of my cuttles coveting a hermit crab, poking out his attack-club in contemplation. But he's never gone through with it. Yet. :)

Dan

Illithid

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
My cuttle gets along with blue leg hermits, emerald crabs, small turbo snails, and those little snails that burrow in the sand.

I have mushrooms, zoas, xenia, and tridacna growing without problems.

Any shrimp that enters the water is toast though.

Craig

Cuttlefish
Registered
thought i'd jump in here with an almost relavent question. so in a 75 gallon tank how many sepia bandensis can be kept in the tank without being too crowded?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branane

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak