• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

setting up a webcam???

i was wondering if anyone knows how to do this and also if there is a way to set one up that would run without a computer directly hooked up to the cam and also maybe that would run if the computer was off.... any ideas or advice??

also, for cycling a tank, if everything including water, sand, filter, protein skimmer, and live rock was transferred to another tank, would that tank still have to cycle? b/c we want to switch him to a tank in another class after fair.

norgebyblood;86165 said:
i was wondering if anyone knows how to do this and also if there is a way to set one up that would run without a computer directly hooked up to the cam and also maybe that would run if the computer was off.... any ideas or advice??

also, for cycling a tank, if everything including water, sand, filter, protein skimmer, and live rock was transferred to another tank, would that tank still have to cycle? b/c we want to switch him to a tank in another class after fair.

There might be a short cycle since the sand/filtration/etc. will have been disturbed, but I've done it with tanks few times without any major incident.

I'd like to set up a cam too, since I can't stay up all night watching the tank.

oi, i saw a really great octo at the lfs this weekend, he was a nice size and quite active. they were selling him as a dwarf but he's too big for that i think, and only $38! it killed me, cause i dont have any tanks for him :'(

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back