Sepiolid burying behavior

Stavros

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
Great videos. I'd like to see a comparative study across cephs on this "fixed" behavior. Similar to Jennifer Mather's study, see which phenotypes fare better at this when different substrate is used.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Starvos, the article would be a good thing to examine for keeping some of the exotics but I was hoping for more of a preference definition for octos. I have noticed that the octos I keep will remove the argonite from their den areas if they choose a ground level den (and have two rather humerous videos of sand rearrangement by senescent animals) and was hoping for a substrate of choice type article. I might have to experiment with a bare bottom tank to see if an octopus would be out more offen without sand - you have definitely started me thinking :biggrin2:. I wonder if I can clear a section of Little Bit's tank :hmm:

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Roy,

I was working on some video from this summer and found this, and thought of this thread. Pretty sure its the same species.

Neogonodactylus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it. Great video. It is amazing how little we know about these animals.

ROy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hnxccv

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards