Sepia sighting

mucktopus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Staff member
Back again to internet. Here's a medium sized cuttle spotted on a recent night dive in Batanta. This trip we also saw the smallest Wunderpus I've ever seen in the water - easily less than 10 mm ML. Raja Ampat has some amazing muck but the trick is to get the other divers to take a break from the reefs!

Attachments

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Great photo, are you still borrowing Roy's cameras? :biggrin2:

I rescued a cronoid just like that from one of our LFS (I was warned it was a baby crown of thorns, was poisonous and would eat all the corals in my tank :roll:). Sadly it only lived about 2 years.

Crissy, If you have not submerged again, could you take a look at Calimari Charlie and confirm A. aculeatus? Her arms seem much thicker than the ones we typically see but I am pretty limited to first hand observations.

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Registered
dwhatley;166838 said:
I rescued a cronoid just like that from one of our LFS (I was warned it was a baby crown of thorns, was poisonous and would eat all the corals in my tank :roll:). Sadly it only lived about 2 years.
Two years? That's great for a crinoid in a home aquarium, you must have been doing something right...

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
I had another for over three but suspect they should have lived longer as they both started dying at about the same time. Unfortunately, I don't know why I lost them but suspect tank conditions (something missing, not something present in the aquarium). Quite possibly it was the lack of vitamins as I had stopped adding them to the tank. I have resumed use now and have seen a major difference in my mushrooms and polyps.

I would rescue another but not go out and search for one. I have mixed luck with starfish and great luck with serpents and brittles. One day I may try to delve more into their needs but between learning a smattering about fossils and the octos, my hobby brain is pretty saturated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcorbell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak