• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Sepia officinales

How big of a tank should I go with for officinalis? Would 75 work for two?

Would it be reasonable to try officinalis with bandensis?

Same questions for pharaonis.
I would guess pharaonis would be better off in this situation due to the fact that it's a warmer water ceph and doesn't necessarily grow as long. In the off chance that I do keep either of these and they do outgrow the 75, I have a 100 gallon stock tank attached to the system that they can go into.

I would say at least 150 gallons for S. officinalis. They are more prone to butt-burn. I kept mine in a large circular tank (10 feet in diameter)... I think Colin has kept S. officinalis.

S. bandensis would be food for S. officinalis

Sooo tempting if there really is one available but my 140 is a 3' tall pentagon and not really wide enough. I don't think I could catch Winchester (trigger), Harry (mandarin) and Harvey (banded coral shrimp that thinks he is King Kong) even if I considered trying but I let the idea flit through my head.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back