• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Sepia Bandensis Eggs Available

Hello all,

Over the last month my cuttles has been laying hundreds of eggs many of which were no good. Finally after cleaning many bad eggs out of the tank I have hatchlings. Just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in some?

My cuttle just layed eggs yesterday, how do you know if they are "bad"?

Before I look into care of young, Ill need to know if there is any chance of these things hatching.

No chance of a male in about 2.5 weeks, could they be fertile?

Well it could take a few batches of eggs before your cuttle gets it right. Are the eggs clear or black? It will also take a few weeks for the eggs to plump up. Thats how you know there good.

Cuttlefishguy, I have been looking for a cuttlefish for a while. Would you be selling the hatchlings or the eggs? Also, how much would you be selling them for?

Cuttlefishguy, that is great. But I need some details. How are you going to ship them, how do I pay you, how much are you going to charge for shipping, are the hatchlings eating frozen yet, if not what are you feeding them? Also, it is currently 90deg. where I live and I am sure they will need an ice pack or something. And is there any chance that I could get a refund if the babies were to die during shipping?

Hello the hatchlings are eating tigger pods and little amphiopods right now. I live in Florida and it's very hot here as well. They will be fine in the shipping without icepacks, I don't drop them off until 7pm so they will be shipped for the most part at night when it's cooler. I would ship them overnight using either fedex or ups. I need your zipcode to see what the shipping would cost and unfortunately I can not give a refund for DOA I can't be responsible for fedex or ups shipping delays or there handling proceedures. Sorry about that. I know if you were worried about the heat I can have the package held at a ups or fedex store that way you can pick them up first thing in the morning instead of having to wait until 10:30AM for them to be delivered. You can pay me through paypal.

Thanks
Adam

HI,
I will be looking for S.bandensis hatchlings in about 6 months time - do you know anyone who gets eggs frequently in the UK that I can contact nearer the time or is it best just to keep checking the forum?
Cheers
Nicola

Do you regularly have sepia bandensis eggs, or have you moved on to only raising Octopus chierchiae? I ask because on your site I could only find a log for the octopus.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back