• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Sepia Bandensis Eggs Available

Hi people, i'm new around here :smile: and verry interested in the sepia bandensis.
i already have some sepia officinalis in my coldwater tank.
And now i'm looking for the tropical one
Does anyone know if you can ship some eggs overseas?

I just figured I'd update this thread a bit. I've been looking for a source for young Sepia Bandensis and so far haven't had any luck. I read somewhere that Aqua Tropics in Gainesville, FL had some previously but when I called they were out. The manager was checking with his supplier to see if they would be getting more in. I'll call him back in a couple days and follow-up.

So has anyone else found eggs or young anywhere else? I've been setting up a tank just for these guys and trying to get everything ready.

Old post, but seems an appropriate to revive; for the sake of curiosity, I searched for "cuttlefish eggs", & came across a site called "paradisepetshop.net" which sells them by the "lot". They're based in Wake Village Texas, & they're far from specialized, but their sit is up to date, & they appear to be on the up & up, with guarantees, & a fair amount of info posted. I've never heard of them before, so I don't, but they might be worth checking out. Two lots of eggs are $24.95, & overnight shipping to me here in WNY would cost $70.35, which doesn't seem that steep, all things considered. Just figured I'd pass it on...

Yeah, I was careful not to sound too gung-ho about them just in case they weren't on the level. In developing my build, I'm thinking that with my octopus tank being 125 gallons, if I set up a 55 gallon sump, I should be able to pipe in another 90-125 gallon tank, & in it keep either another octopus, or perhaps even some cuttlefish. For kicks & giggles, I googled "cuttlefish eggs" & they seemed the most promising out of the few that I had time to check out. I figured as they're US based, you guys might like to check them out for yourselves...

That sounds fine. 90 gallons is a huge sump! my 125 had a 30 gallon tank as the sump but its only half full so maybe 15 gallons of actual water. my 55 and 40s all have sumps that hold about eight gallons. I'm not actually a fan of connecting too many tanks together. I like having each system separate. That way if something happens to one tank it does not spread to another tank.

Hi, Captfish! I'm planning on the sump being 55 gallons to accommodate a 125 gallon "main" octopus tack, as well as a secondary (90 gallon) yet-to-be-decided octopus or cuttlefish tank. I'm planning on a larger than usual sump because I am going to go ahead & attempt a faux tide-pool, & I want to ensure that I've more than enough water to account for evaporation (& the extra oxygenation). If you can picture the set-up, the tide-pool is going to extend 48" off the rear rim of the 125, with 3" surrounding either side & the front of the rim with which to secure a (possibly) Plexiglas 20" wall, which itself will support a secure lid with lighting. Considering the over-lap of the tide-pool, I think a 90 gallon beneath it would work well; it'd serve as that much more of a buffer with regards to water stability,& aesthetically speaking would fill a rather large void, especially as its to be placed as a centerpiece in a large room..I'm well aware of quarantine & isolation practices, but from what I've read, & PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been under the impression that disease (bacteria in particular) doesn't spread readily amongst cephs. That fact, along with reading here of other shared sump successes, has lead me to this current blueprint. Please, I welcome any input...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back