• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

sell me something good!

octomatic

GPO
Registered
hey peeps, anyone in the seattle metro area have octo eggs they wanna sell? or maybe an adult? i know that you can order online, but i would rather go local if i could. i know that a friend of mine has seen a rubescens a few times in tidepools up by camano island, but I dont think that will work for my tank because i dont have a chiller. anywhoos, lemme know. thanks!

Unlike cuttlefish, octo eggs don't produce viable young in great quantity (even though they produce a lot of eggs) and trying to hatch and grow even a couple is difficult even when the mother cares for them through hatching. You are correct, a chiller is a must for an O.rubescens (they are a small egg species and not even viable for a hobbiest with the aid of the mother).

What type of octopus are you set up for? Are you planning to add an octopus to an existing tank that already has animals in it, or are you planning a species tank where the octopus is the main attraction? No Chiller? If you can get one you could keep a bimaculoides, rubescens, and locally caught tank mates and food animals. Is a chiller an option for you?

i got a 37 with a ten gallon sump ready to go, im just trying to see where they are available for when im ready to get one. it is a species tank that my octo will be the main attraction, i dont have a chiller and dont plan on it. i have another tank set up for food that houses 20-30 crabs. i also have a thread with a video of my tank and all my equipment. ready for octopus?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back