• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Seeking assistance with strange cuttle behavior [re-titled]

OKAY WELL I HAVE NOTICED SOMETHING THATS KINDA WORRING ME FIRST OF ALL MY CUTTLE HAS BEEN ACTING REALLY WEIRD LATLEY WHEN I WALK UP TO HIS TANK HE IMMEDITLY SHOOTS FROM WHATEVER HES DOING TO FOLLOW ME AS I APPROACH HIM SO EVERYTIME I COME AROUND HIM HES INSTANTLLY THERE I CANT EVEN FEED HIM ANYMORE WITH MYSELF PRESENT I HAVE TO LEAVE ITS LIKE HE WANTS TO GET OUT OF THERE YA KNOW I FEEL BAD FOR THA LITTLE GUY HIS TANK IS FAIRLY LARGE TOO SO I DONT KNO WHATS THA MATTER WITH HIM WHEN HE COMES TO ME HE JUST HOVERS IN FRONT OF ME TILL I LEAVE AND SINCE HIS TANK IS IN FRONT OF MY BED THIS MORNING WHEN I WOKE UP I NOTTICED HE WAS DOING THA SAME THING JUST STARING IT WAS REALLY NEAT BUT I HAVE NEVER SAW SUCH STRANGE BEHAVIOR I HAVE HAD A FEW BANDENSIS AND THEY KEPT TO THEMSELFS THERE WHOLE LIFE THEY DIDNT REALLY CARE FOR ME THEY JUST WENT ON DOIN WHAT THEY WHERE DOING! SO IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT THIS IS IF YOU HAVE EXPERINCED IT WOULD BE GLADLY APPRECIATED THANX!

YEAH I KNO THAT BUT I CAN PUT THA FOOD IN AND HE WONT EVEN TOUCH IT TILL I LEAVE THA ROOM IT CAN GO RITE IN FRONT OF HIM AND HE DOSENT CARE! ITS A METASEPIA PFEFFERI.

Metasepia pfefferi are rather more difficult in captivity i believe.

It does sound kinda wierd, if you put in a live feeder does it do the same thing? maybe you are just more interesting than food! (is it fed very often?)

I have read several articles where people have said that cuttles just hovered staring straight at them - one of them recorded the cuttles responding to actions - why dont you try making hand signals that resemble cuttle arms and see if you get a response?

I would love to hear a more detailed account of interaction like this.

good luck

Octo oakely, where's the punctuation gone :biggrin2:?
I love reading what you have to say!, but cap locks makes it hard to read lol!
BTW you should post your flam pics! I thought they were great!!! Definitely worth a post on here.
Hows the whole setup going? Anyone who's interested - OO's
has grown a baby M Pfefferi from the egg stage and I thought that was worthy of a mention. Very cool! I think he has some videos too, they would make a great addition to the gallery.

My :twocents: !!!

I kno its kinda weird tho because he has been alot easier than tha bandensis's i have owned! but yeah same thing with live food it dosent even phase him! and i have tryed making hand gestures and movements but he stays right in front of tha tank hovering in front of me but when i leave tha room i just exit tha door and peek in and hes goes to tha food and takes it and i can walk in while eating and he will let tha food go and come up its tha craziest thing ive saw its like im more interesting than anything! and yeah its kinda like your avi pic! oh yeah and feelers sorry about tha caps my keyboard is messed up so i have to hold down shift to keep it lower case like this! but yeah tha pics i have where posted in a thread already just no one really looked at em! but yeah feelers im glad ya like my pics i sent ya! and tha setups coming along little nitrate springs here and there but its dooing well hes grown alot too his mantle is about 2 1/2" and hes still eating romain lettuce! oh and thanx for mentioning that im proud of myself for acheiving that too and yeah i have like 3 videos im composing well im trying to figure out how too im not so sure how to get it up and on here really but im working on it!

and again thanx feelers for putting that info up! and thanx to oscar for your help and info too!

where'd you get the flamboyant cuttle. my assumption is that she either see's you as a threat like righty said or she is curious and is examining you.

that seemed like a conversation killer, if we were actualy talking there would be an awkward silence. but im interested too where did you get it?

Davenandez said:
mayb he/she wants more romaine :hmm:
edit: just rejoined w/a different name so hi everyone again!

er, who were you before? :?: :hmm:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back