second octo!

brandy g

Cuttlefish
Registered
my tank is now ready for a new 8 legged friend, i had a octo before but it died after 6 mounths and i havent had other in a very long time. i went to my LFS and saw this very small and reddish octo, i was wondering if anybody may know what type of octopus this may be. if anybody know what it could be please give me some infomation. I'll have updates tommorow after i pick him up!

Look in Journals and Photos for the List of our Octopuses 2008 and 2009 (I think there are more in 2008 and 2 in 2010) and search for O.mercatoris to see if it looks similar. If that looks like the right track (and you want to do a LOT of reading) GHolland and I have several lengthy journals about our WC, TR and TB mercs. Gregs WC mother/grandmother was Varys and mine was Trapper. The Grandmother journals are forward linked to the children and the children to the grandchildren.

NOTE: Many other species appear reddish, particularly when small but this is the most common from your limited description. Look for a little star pattern on the promenent eyes. Arms should be about 1.5 times the mantle length, thin and tapered.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back