second octo!

brandy g

Cuttlefish
Registered
my tank is now ready for a new 8 legged friend, i had a octo before but it died after 6 mounths and i havent had other in a very long time. i went to my LFS and saw this very small and reddish octo, i was wondering if anybody may know what type of octopus this may be. if anybody know what it could be please give me some infomation. I'll have updates tommorow after i pick him up!

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Look in Journals and Photos for the List of our Octopuses 2008 and 2009 (I think there are more in 2008 and 2 in 2010) and search for O.mercatoris to see if it looks similar. If that looks like the right track (and you want to do a LOT of reading) GHolland and I have several lengthy journals about our WC, TR and TB mercs. Gregs WC mother/grandmother was Varys and mine was Trapper. The Grandmother journals are forward linked to the children and the children to the grandchildren.

NOTE: Many other species appear reddish, particularly when small but this is the most common from your limited description. Look for a little star pattern on the promenent eyes. Arms should be about 1.5 times the mantle length, thin and tapered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnyegaard

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak