Searching for Sepia officinalis

mgdscuba

Hatchling
Registered
Hi Everyone, just checking out your great website, tons of info, and I'm always on the lookout for reputable suppliers of Sepia officinalis for the aquariums in WA! I've been a full time aquarist for the past 14 years, working w/ cephs, seadragons, and assorted cold water species of fish. If you have any husbandry questions shoot me an email! :smile: Marc

Welcome Marc!
Any chance you would journal one or more of the cephs at the aquarium? Jean has promised to try to keep a journal on the large octopus at the Portobello teaching aquarium (New Zealand) between teaching duties (and has made many posts on the main ceph through several). It would be really nice if you have a GPO to journal to be able to make some comparisons between two of the giants (I believe there are 3 with the GPO bring the largest).

We haven't had a journal on officinalis in forever so that would be extra special too :sagrin:

Hi Marc,

I'm based in the UK at an aquarium and currently have some S. Offiicinalis under my care. I've just tried to get them to breed and have had some egg laying happen. As it was pretty recent I'm still waiting to see if they are fertile. We get eggs pretty much every year(currently from the wild) as we are attached to a university research group. My plan is to try and get my adults to produce fertile eggs every year, if this happens then we might be able to help you out. Otherwise over here I'd try TMC if you want to by them from an actual supplier although all they have on their stock listings currently is cuttlefish eggs which could mean you'd end up with anything. I'm going to give them a call this week to see what exactly they can get as I'm after anything that's not an Officinalis egg e.g bandensis or pharonsis

dwhatley I used to work with Jean and those big fellas can be a handful!. As for keeping a journal of Officinalis if these eggs of mine are fertile (or I get new ones this year) I might be keen to give it a try.

I am a researcher looking for juvenile and newly hatched Sepia officinalis now that the NRCC in Galveston has been shut down. Does anyone know of a US supplier? Or failing that, a european supplier? We also need Sepia pharaonis. Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 541-346-4510. Thanks

Looking for Sepia officinalis and Sepia pharaonis

I am a researcher in Oregon looking to purchase Sepia officinalis and Sepia pharaonis for our research studies now that the NRCC in Galveston has gone out of business. We are looking for hatchlings and juveniles but will take any stage. Please contact us if you know of any US or European suppliers. My email is [email protected] and my phone is 541-346-4510. Thanks. N. Tublitz, University of Oregon.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back