Scientists maintain fish concern (Scottish Cod)

we need an icon for "head banging into a wall" ...sorry to see the fishermen are the same in the northern latitudes as they are down south...jeez.

"It's about time that [Ices] started working with the real scientists, the fishermen, to see what the stocks are like. If there were no stocks in the sea, they wouldn't have cod tied up in their catch."

And Lorcan O'Cinneide, of the Irish Fish Producers' Organisation, told Reuters news agency: "The [Ices] advice is as useful as an ashtray on a Harley Davidson." He added: "It is simply not do-able."

Only very special people could make statements like these! Bless their pointy little ignorant heads; they ridicule science every time they speak, driving yet more nails into their own coffins.

The funny thing is that you don't hear from the fishermen often; you hear from the supposed collective voice of them, fat-cat management, most of whom wouldn't know the pointy from the blunt end of a dinghy. Speak to the fishermen and you'll hear another story.

.... and I'm sure we could get the Monster Garage folk to build an ashtray on a Harley. I'm sure they could convert the entire bike into an ashtray on wheels.

tell me about it! I am so sick of the discovery channels new programing, its brutal, uninformative, and it just hurts my head how much they have changed. (Sorry to change the subject)

main_board said:
... I am so sick of the discovery channels new programing, its brutal, uninformative, and it just hurts my head how much they have changed. (Sorry to change the subject)

That's your second post in over a year main_board. What has happened, and when, w.r.t. Discovery Channel? I could read between the lines (based on my personal opinions, but these are ubiquitous programming standards driven by target demographic); perhaps pm me as I am sincereley interested (and it is a bit of a digression from this thread).

Ta

Nah...the discovery channel has gotten a bit more funky lately...lots of "american chopper" ripoffs...less science, more blam....

*raising hand for head-banging icon*

Same old story... every year we hear calls about closures, MPAs and so on... what happens? nothing... nope... nada.... Fishing industry keeps on fishing, tangles moratorium and other political/legal avenues with red tape (and you thought drift nets were bad... try bureaucracy...) and discredit scientific advice/research with their own pseudo-science babble....

I assume we want that head-banging
banghead.gif
and not that one:
rock.gif

TPOTH

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back