• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

sand

hi. has anyone used carib live sand,the type thats not in water but just moist? i ask because my 4 monthcycled tank w/the tank test being perfect and its a brand new tank has killed 3 octos now? and the filters are new. i got all new stuff because of my last tank and acc. might have been used w/copper. could it be the sand? its about 1inch deep. it looked like it was having cunvultions after 3hrs in the tank any one have thought on this? i have a bimac now thats going on 1 year in june.so i no im not doing anything wrong? thanks.

(quoted spammy post deleted by Monty, but I left your helpful response so it still counts toward your progress out of gelatinous-blob-o-pus rank)

You may want to post this in the marketplace forum.

Someone posted some spam, which I deleted, and I didn't want to leave it quoted in dreadhead's post, but I didn't want to delete dreadhead's post so I just edited it. Perhaps that's too confusing, and I should just delete followup posts to spam... but if I make all this disappear now, it will probably confuse people even more... so I guess I'll leave this here for a little while and delete it (and l8_2_rise's similar post) later if I remember. Sorry for the confusion, I'm having kind of a weird and stressful day.

How long do they last before they die? Could they be over stressed. I had one octo that had obviously had a rough ride and it lasted 3 days my other octos did just fine in the exact same set up. Could be just bad luck but it's good to try and rule things out. I have also used that sand with no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back