• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Saltwaterfish.com

:thumbsup:
Octopus was listed as Caribbean reef octopus. I ordered on 1-02-11, it arrived on 1-04-11, very quick processing. I received an O. hummelincki. It was packed well and 2 heaters were still very warm. It was very active and seems healthy...so far. I was pleasantly surprised as I had some reservations about this company and went into this with crossed fingers. I would not hesitate to use them again.
Link to my journal featuring this octopus.
http://www.tonmo.com/forums/showthread.php?22590-O.-hummelincki

I like these guys. I have never gotten octopus from them but I have bought fish in the past and they were always well packed. I had an issue once with a DOA and they replaced it, an Eel if I remember.

I think they have a good reputation of usually selling Hummelincki, but they just don't get them that often, and/or there waiting list is pretty long.

Saltwaterfish.com I have had good experiences with this vendor as well. They made good on a credit from an octopus I ordered 2 years ago. The obvious care they took in packaging. Return phone calls. I think the stress Kringle was showing was due to the mishandling in transit, not anything they did.

They emailed me they have octopuses in stock. I answered and they said "reef octopus" no eyespots. Looks like some kind of dwarf species to me. I'm gonna pass, but maybe someone out there maybe interested.

How often do they normally get them? I had already showed the pic to my grandmother.

There doesn't seem to be a set schedule as to when they get them, but they seem to get them fairly often. if you call them i believe they will put you on a wait list. Also you can sign up to get notifications when they get new octopuses in.

Yes...they seem to get them quite regularly. I will let you know condition and hopefully what it is (I'm hoping for a a 2-spot Bimac) on Wednesday!!!!:mrgreen:

It will be curious to see what you get. I know they SAY Pacific but I would place a small wager on Caribbean based on past history, however, they may have a new supplier.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back