• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Saltwater Shrimp and pods at good prices

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Did you order the pods? What kind of mix did it have?

TQN

O. bimaculoides
Registered
I am also happy with my recent order from them. I ordered feeder shrimp, and decided to get the 'pods just to see what they would send. There were lots more large amphipods than I had expected--it was hard to judge how many, as they included several sheets of filter media for the 'pods to hide in, but the bag was crawling with them. Several hundred at least. Definitely enough to make it worthwhile to order as a food source for my baby cuttles. I will be ordering again from them in the future. :cuttle:

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Supporter
Will they ship feeders USPS? What I love about Sach's is not having to pay a fortune for overnight on organisms that don't need it.

fizzy36

Larval Mass
Supporter
Reefs 2 go just refunded my order for live feeder shrimp. Christina said that they are having difficutly obtaining them due to sea conditions and do not expect an improvement next
week.
Very quick response. This is just an FYI.

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
Yup, I haven't asked for a refund yet but I ordered a week ago and they keep asking me if I want a refund.

I know it's out of their control but that doesn't help feed the cuttles. Back to SACHS. Only a $5 difference for me anyway.

shipposhack

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Are their pods small enough for newborn cuttles? My last shipment of mysids from Paul all died. I didn't get to feed any to my cuttles. I am going to buy from him one more time hoping this was bad batch. If these don't work out I am planning to buy from Reed Mariculture unless these pods are small enough.

MrED

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Paul's mysis need about 2 to 3 days of slow acclimation. (not sure why, never tested the water) The day I get them, I add about 1/3 bag volume of my tank water to theirs. If you just do the 15 to 30 min temp and then let them go,they will all start to spin and die. JUST a little FYI.
Reef2Go still a reefnogo. :smile:

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Thanks for the heads up MrED. I will try to remember to try your method if I need them again as I have never had any success keeping them for long.

Members online