Salt / Fresh tank video [was titled "Gotta See This"]

Nice follow-up Jennifer. Kordon has had some of the best write-ups about their products and how to use them but I have never accidently found their material (only find it when sent there).

L8 2 RISE;138310 said:
Care to explain? I personally think this is absolutely amazing, and quite a break through.

It's too much of a stress on all the fish due to the different waste they produce the stress of foreign species and too complete opposite species in the same tank. A goldfish with an occelaris clownfish first off goldfish are so dirty they shouldn't ever ever be housed with tropical fish let alone saltwater second this is a bad idea think of all the hobbyist out there 99% are idiot's that don't research so there marketing a bad idea to begin with to joe smoe who care's less about the fish and livestock just want's nemo and dora for his tank and no concern about the devastation this could do to the hobby. H.R. 669 comes to mind for me how bout you?

lance

Yes, HR 669 does come to mind, however I think in a way it is bad, and I see where you're coming from, but in terms of different species. In almost all reef tanks, people end up mixing fish from completely different parts of the world that otherwise would never see each other. Also, I'd say a very large amount of fish deaths due to noob mistakes are that people see a "nemo" or a "dory" and HAVE to have it for their goldfish tanks and don't realize that, no, they can't be kept together and nemo will die. (as cute as that movie was, it's done a number on the fish in this hobby). I don't know, but I personally don't have a problem with it. There's plenty of other reason's that they can find for HR 669 that this would probably be in super fine print no matter how big of a deal it is. I think a lot of people in the salt water hobby are taking this bill out of perspective. No, it is not just about the Salt water fish, but a number of other animals too, and lets be honest, the average joe couldn't give a rats a$$ about fish.

Just my 2 cents...

L8 2 RISE;138341 said:
Yes, HR 669 does come to mind, however I think in a way it is bad, and I see where you're coming from, but in terms of different species. In almost all reef tanks, people end up mixing fish from completely different parts of the world that otherwise would never see each other. Also, I'd say a very large amount of fish deaths due to noob mistakes are that people see a "nemo" or a "dory" and HAVE to have it for their goldfish tanks and don't realize that, no, they can't be kept together and nemo will die. (as cute as that movie was, it's done a number on the fish in this hobby). I don't know, but I personally don't have a problem with it. There's plenty of other reason's that they can find for HR 669 that this would probably be in super fine print no matter how big of a deal it is. I think a lot of people in the salt water hobby are taking this bill out of perspective. No, it is not just about the Salt water fish, but a number of other animals too, and lets be honest, the average joe couldn't give a rats a$$ about fish.

Just my 2 cents...

I agree I just kinda got real bummed out when I saw it cause I love the hobby and love seeing people enjoy it but this just is goofy but hey my like's and dislike's are gonna be different with everyone else and I appreciate your thought's on the matter.

lance

I appreciate yours too, I wasn't trying to get into an argument or anything, when I saw it, my first thought was "wow, how do they do that, now there's some science" I never really thought of the "bad side" which is why I asked you to explain...

Thanks

L8 2 RISE;138351 said:
I appreciate yours too, I wasn't trying to get into an argument or anything, when I saw it, my first thought was "wow, how do they do that, now there's some science" I never really thought of the "bad side" which is why I asked you to explain...

Thanks

I know you weren't trying to argue just giving your thought's I was being the knuckle head. I just don't want to see unnecessary loss's of fish cause of some crazy idea but what can you do.

lance

:smile:

OMFG!!! This is disturbing. I really hope that it doesnt get trotted out as an "ancient secret" lending credence to it being the answer for impulse fish buyers. I don't know how many times I've been in one of the excelent LFS in my area to hear a young child exclaim "cool" upon seeing a puffer or small shark....then qucikly asking "is that salt or freshwater?" Our hobby requires a certain amount of dedication, that dedication is homage to the hobbyists before us who made the mistakes an spent the time in order to allow us the luxury of knowing how to properly cycle a tank or gutload or feeders etc. The disturbing part isnt the water; it's the idea that now when that child asks "fresh or saltwater?", the possibility exists that the LFS employee can say "it doesnt matter.

I agree, this could (possibly) alter the fundamental essence of keeping aquaria. Valharrison makes a great point about the ignorant child and shopkeep. We enjoy watching our "pets" behave naturally in a near-natural environment, not creating a mash-up of habitats and seeing what happens. This would be like going to a local aquarium and seeing American crocodiles and bull sharks in the same enclosure.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back