Sad News - Bob II RIP

Discussion in 'Cephalopod Journals' started by stevesfish, Jun 22, 2003.

1. stevesfish

stevesfish Blue Ring Registered

it seems that the wording of my posting about the death of my little octo Bob has somehow made it confusing to some. So, I have revised it to be clearer:

Sadly I must announce that Bob the bimac passed away last night.

I put a rather sizeable crayfish in the tank for Bob to eat, but unfortunately I guess it was too big and unfortunately Bob took on a fight he couldn't handle and the crayfish killed him.

I was mad at the stupid crayfish for eating my little buddy Bob so I fed him to my african tiger fish.

Poor little Bob II. He was a good little octo.

is that better clem?

2. Clem

Clem Architeuthis Supporter Registered

Stevesfish,

That's STILL got to be the most horrible thing I've yet heard of on this site.

Perhaps the crayfish was posessed by the ghost of the octo cannibalized by Bob II?

Clem

3. stevesfish

apparently my post was unclear. i have revised it.

4. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Well. I don't what to say. Bummer.
    I haven't met anyone else who has kept Af. tiger fish though...how big is your tiger? I tried keeping a trio together once. Didn't work.
    Greg

5. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear that about Bob II. Are you planning on getting another?

6. stevesfish

the tiger fish is about 6" he's just a baby. he lives with an 8" delhezi bichir and a big pleco.

as for replacing Bob, my first impulse was to get a new one right away and move on, but I'm going to wait a little bit. I had wanted to move Bob's tank anyhow, so i'll do that first. we'll see. . . .

7. corw314

corw314 Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

So sorry to hear about Bob's demise!!! I also have fed culprits to other creatures :twisted:

Carol

8. joel_ang

joel_ang Architeuthis Registered

:twisted: If I were you, i'd take take the crayfish and place it in mildly diluted vinegar, or i'll boil him real slowly :twisted: . That'll show him to mess with cephs :x .

9. joel_ang

:cry: Well do you plan to give Bob a burial or keep it in the freezer? :cry:

10. corw314

corw314 Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

:shock: And I thought I was the only one with a former octopi in the freezer!!!! Hermin resides there still!!! That's a thought for a poll......What does one do with their deceased octo?????

Carol

11. joel_ang

Nah I only got a lion fish in the freezer :) , I was wondering, did you try to seperate the two of them?

12. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

What a thread! :goofysca:

I once had a fridge full of all sorts of feeder animals at work.. stuff like mice rats rabbits G pigs trout smelt etc....

During one winter someone switched off the freezer and i discovered the mistake about a few days later when i opened the freezer and almost broke my own neck when the smell hit me. Then i had to dig a big enough hole for the whole damn lot!

13. stevesfish

haha. look what i've started!

no i won't be keeping him in the freezer. i'm not exactly hoping for a cure.

actually before i had a chance to remove him, the serpent star took him back into the live rock so i guess he's a permanent part of he food chain in there now.

I'm trying to decide today about a Bob III.

14. stevesfish

Clem,

perhaps you're right. maybe that crayfish was just getting even with Bob II for eating Bob I. Geez, and all that in the same year that the Hatfields and the McCoys finally settled their 200 year old fued.

:D

15. joel_ang

Colin, what did you feed those mice.....etc to?

16. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

Hi Joel.......

em... snakes, caimans, tarantulas, cane toads, stuff like that... the rabbits were for burmese and retics... yellow anacondas... em we had a few big predatory catfish, like red tail cats that ate trout and various other animals...

:)

17. stevesfish

what has happened to this thread? :shock:

18. joel_ang

Woah, you keep lots of exotic pets ( I have only kept two burmese pythons up to 1 m long before I released them :) ), they must have cost a bomb for the pythons to be brought from here all the way to Scotland :lol: . Here we just catch em' , no offence though. Caimans and anacondas!!?? ( Boy am I jealous ) :evil:

19. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

I am doing some work for the Phoenix Zoo, and while walking over the causeway to the entrance, there was a crowd gathered to feed the terrapins that are loose in the moat...much to my suprise, there was also a VERY large red-tailed catfish gulping down pellets there too!!! I would estimate its length at at least 48", if not more...about 18" wide. Very Nice! They have a lot of exotic animals released there by visitors...I frequently get calls to pick up something there...even had a black mamba a couple of years ago!
    I am sure my freezer looks like yours...a couple of nights of night-driving, and we pick up all kinds of interesting things!
    Greg

20. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

Hey Steve, any decision yet?