Sad news again

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Unfortunately, my Bandensis has died :cry: . A 1 kg piece of live rock fell on it and it died. Surprisingly it did not squirt any ink.

L S

Blue Ring
Registered
Wow, wat a way to go. Similar fate happened to my cichlid 2 years ago. It was clearing sand for its den, n the rock came down on it. Sad.

Sorry to hear about it.

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Im not sure but I came back five mins later to look for it and noticed a piece of rock was out of place, looked under it and :bonk:

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
I think I'll glue the rock back in place this time. All water parameters are ok, do you think it'll be safe to get another ceph in a few days?

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Yes, but you wont need to glue the rocks, just bed them in well and dont have any that are easily moved sitting high up...... dont want the next thread to start, ' a rock slipped and fell through the front of my fish tank...' LOL

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I'm so sorry about that joel :cry: these freak accidents are so awful.

I must admit that's why we've cemented all the rocks in the octopus tanks, They're just too destructive for their own good sometimes! It also makes for easier cleaning! The crud can't get under them. we glue the rocks in clumps that are too big for the octopus to move and they slot together a bit like lego (Thats so we can remove them if we need too, for leaks etc) We've done this in both our tanks not just the big one

J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timocto

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan