S.Bandensis Reef?

Discussion in 'Tank Talk' started by milchy, Oct 2, 2005.

1. milchy

milchy Cuttlefish Registered

Well after months of planning im finally deciding to get down to work. So here are a few questions about my planned setup. I currently Have a 30gallon reef tank setup with mainly softies. Rics, acans, zoas, gsp, xenia. Cleanup Crew and No fish.

1. Will a 30gallon be enough for one single s.bandensis? Space wise a tank this size would be ideal for me, if however I cannot keep a cuttle in it, I will opt for a larger tank.

2. My current Lighting is a 14K 150W Metal Halide. Will this lighitng be overkill for the cuttle? Or will it be ok.

3. My current flow is about 900gallons per hour, will this be too much for the cuttle?

4. As for my corals (can be seen above) will these be compatible with the cuttle?

2. William Tyson

William Tyson Vampyroteuthis Registered

i keep my cuttle in a setup similar to yours. and it seems to be doing well. i however have 175 watt mh. but everything else sounds good

3. tjohnson

tjohnson Wonderpus Registered

Not to cut in on your thread but I was thinking the same thing. Except I have a few fish, and am not afraid of them getting eaten, rather them harming the cuttle. I have 3 cromie damsels, clark clown, scooter blennie, orange shoulder tang. And a few shrimp I KNOW would have to go. But I can put stuff in my roomates tank, which is actually also my tank if needed.

4. Thales

Thales Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Might be fine, what are the dimensions? :D

It might be the case that the cuttle will hide more during the day. I say try it and see. :D

Should be fine.

No problems that I can see.

5. milchy

milchy Cuttlefish Registered

Awesome!

The tank dimensions are 2ftlong x 2fthigh x 1.5ftwide

6. William Tyson

William Tyson Vampyroteuthis Registered

that a 38 gal tank, i would say that would be fine, you could possible but two in there..