• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

S.Bandensis Eggs - Almondsaz Cuttlefish Journal

I have decided to keep the 125 and I guess the cuttles are content with that. These past few days they have ventured out a lot more and are more visible. They have found the end of the tank where the common shore shrimp stay and know that it is a good feeding ground. When they are out in the tank they seem to grow so much faster and I am now thinking about getting a few of the smallest fiddler crabs I can find to see if they hold any interest to the 4 cuttles I have. Another order of the shore shrimp is on its way.

I'm being forced to move to a larger tank becuase of the bio load strain. I've been putting it off as long as possible...

At this point I'm wishing i had your problem. :smile:

So I just got home from a weeklong business trip and I swear they have grown to full size (4 1/2 "). They are incredible. I added 200 common shore shrimp to the DT and then they came out and went to the far side of the tank where they know the CSS hang out. Lots of color changing and I have one of the 4 that is shyer than the others - They each have their favorite hangout spots for ambushing the shrimp.

Finally some new picture, I can't believe how big they have gotten (I keep saying that) and they are also appearing to start mating. It is the two that are the darkest.

Attachments

• conv_296259.jpg
    conv_296259.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
  • conv_296260.jpg
    conv_296260.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
D: they were loose in the tank until this evening. Someone is coming to buy the 125 system and I am going to get a smaller system. Will use some of the rock, sand and water to get through the cycle faster and then move them over and let the big system go. So, for now they are temporarily in the breeder net. I am going to move them to the larger in tank fuge which will give them lots more room for this short duration. I really hate to stress them out like this, but no choice. There is one cuttle who goes mostly black with red eyes - looks a little like a devil fish.

I have decided to keep the 125
I'm so confused! How small did you finally decide to go? I have a 145 that I wish was smaller or easier to maintain. It is the least populated of my tanks, and looks very nice where it is but I really don't like it so I can understand deciding to change but at last report I thought you had decided against going smaller.

Let me add to the confusion....I decided to keep it when people came to look at it to buy and then decided on a deeper tank. I thought instead of going through the hastle of selling it, tearing it down....just keep it. I really like watching the cuttles and can't very well do that when they are hiding all the time. So, I got a call from a couple that had looked at the system and liked it and today they purchased it. Will pick it up next week. I have to admit that I am half tempted not to get another system and just take a break from saltwater for a while. So don't be surprised if in a few days I have changed my mind again and just get out all together (but only if I find someone to trust with my cuttles; you put so much work into them you want someone to care for them as much as you do). So sorry for the confusion, but I do change my mind a bit.

Oh, and right now I am looking at a 39 all in one.

Well the tank is now gone and the front room is actually quite large, didn't realize how much room the tank, chiller, top off bottles and all the misc took up in regard to space. I don't like the quiet though. I am wondering how long this will last.......hmmm.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back