S.Bandensis Cuttlefish - Just released the kids into main tank

I would check your water parameters - didn't you just move this whole reef tank? I second the water change. Sad to say, I have had experience with both cuttle inking and Southern California fires... your comparison is valid, although the cuttles won't leave ash all over your car.

No, I have 3 powerheads with each intersecting currents. I'ts fairly chaotic and a medium high flow. Tank looks great today and back to normal.

Video update....

I just finished feeding one of the cuttles when another came looking for food. So i shot a quick video...

And heres a closeup

sik vid! never thought about keeping a CF.... how are they in a reef setting? i would assume those things would pick off ALL of your other fish.... are they better suited for a species only tank? i know those things are ridiculously fast. do they ever jump or smack into the glass if you walk into the room and the thing gets startled?

They work well in a reef setting. The only fish I have is a scooter blenny and they really show no interest in eating her. I dont think that situation will last forever, though. They will kill just about anything they think they can eat. They havent ran into anything or even come close to "jumping" but they have flipped out and inked the tank.

Thanks Almondsaz. It's nice to get feedback. It's pretty quiet around here lately... :smile:

I have an older digital camera with a custom macro lens that also takes video. It's fixed point focus once you start shooting video so it's really hard to keep them in focus if they wander. I'm always around them and they associate me with food now, so if they are hungry they will make themselves visible and with tolerate my presence. I REALLY want to get a new camera/recorder...thinking of dropping my federal refund into a new one.

Makookam: what one are you thinking of? I just got a new digital camera and lenses. I switched from Nikon to Canon and got the 50d. Doesn't do video, but that isn't what I was focused on (no pun intended). I would like to get a separate digital video, but have very limited uses for it. Your videos that are posted are quite clear and you are able to get close up. Really appreciate you posting them. Almondsaz (David)

Too funny. I was going to move to Nikon. I've wanted a D90 since they came out. I'm not sure if they still hold their own still, but they still sure are expensive enough. I'm going to need to drop back into dpreview.com and start doing my homework. Most of my photography is macro or really close. I shoot a lot of reptiles and distance makes for a boring photo. For example...

OrnateBox.jpg

lepidus2.jpg

huachucapyro3.jpg

gila1.jpg

mojo2.jpg

If you wanted to get a really inexpensive video camera you could get a flip cam for a 100-200 bucks and then slap a macro lens on there. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back