S.Bandensis Cuttlefish - Just released the kids into main tank

MAKOOKAM

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
Just released my three little monsters into the reef last night. All are doing well and I caught this one exploring when the lights came on this morning. I really see what Rich was saying now about how easy they can get "lost" in a large tank. Their camo is beautifully cryptic and very hard to see against the liverock. I'll post more (better) vids once things settle down. :)

Almondsaz

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, fun video. I didn't realize the walking action was part of their movements. Learn something everyday.

MAKOOKAM

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
Just like a little elephant. I dont understand what the "trunk" lifting behavior is about. Maybe someone will chime in.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
GREAT video, I don't remember one showing such a good example of their "walk". They do kind of remind me of stink bugs at this size though :wink:

MAKOOKAM

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
New video - xenia coral mimicry?

I took this video last night. It looks like the cuttle is intentionally modifying coloration and tentacle movement to appear like the xenia corals he is hovering near. Theres some good movement towards the middle/end of video. Am I crazy? Anyone see this kind of behavior before?

Also heres a video of one of my cuttles passing up a crab. It would have been a great strike video. Wish he wasnt stuffed from an earlier feeding!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellen221

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan