• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

S. bandensis baby's Problem

all died...
I wasn't able to stop that.

What I was wondering about is that parallel to my cuttles my two polyps of ricordea yuma died. All at the same time. Do you think there is a relation between that? I can't realy imagine, that the yumas could poisoned the cuttles and upside down.

Or are the yumas also as sensetive on purple up as the cuttles? My ricordea florida are doing well.

Freshwater shrimp are fine. They have a close nutritional profile.

I think purple up as the source of all your problems. Its like sitting in a sandblaster.

Thales;162677 said:
Freshwater shrimp are fine. They have a close nutritional profile.

Exactly this is what a friend find out with a compare analysis of fresh- and saltwater shrimp and thats why I decide to use the freshwater shrimp.
They are very cheap and very reproductive. So they are an ideal food source. If there were no purple up after four weeks of freshwater shrimps they are strong enough to catch even saltwater Paelamon.

In germany we say "I could bite me in my ass"... I wish I never tried that sh*t

So we move house to 1st october and then I'll give my freshwater shrimps a greater tank and a few month to enlarge population. And if there are enough shrimps for a further try I'll get new cuttle-eggs.

Thank you all for your kind help. I've lerned a very important lession from you:

-less is more-

so and now I have a better plan for the future.
At first we move house. Than somewhen comes a larger tank with 80g or something like that. With weak lightning, lot of macro algee and just a few softies. That means low tech, food for cuttles is expencive enough.
After maturing this larger tank I can think about new cuttle eggs.
Thanks to the macro algee I think there is no great effort in filtration. Just a well sized skimmer that should be all.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back