Rouge River Fossil Collection

Pr0teusUnbound

GPO
Registered
below is a link to my collection of fossils from the Rouge River in southeast Michigan. the pieces features were collected from March 2012 to October 2012. its a glacial till deposit, but the fossils are naturally relieved from their matrix in some fascinating ways. so far ive found 2-3 wheelbarrows worth of fossil coral, stromatoporoids, brachiopods, cephalopods, gastropods, fish fragments, plants, and dozens of things i have yet to id.

Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket

Nice prehistoric assembly you've got there! I've got to make it a point to gather & photograph some of the fossils I happen across around here; I think you guys(?) would appreciate them. I've encountered several that resemble pic 59 in particular on the shores of Lake Ontario & Lake Erie. Kelleys Island has an abundance of fossils too; crazy ones with amazing details. I found what I believe was a trilobite in a rock too large for me to carry myself. Though I like fossils, I generally leave them where I see them. This one was different, it was so cool, I had to take it home with me. I went back to my camp site to recruit help with its extraction, but couldn't locate it again; to this day I feel like a fool for not flagging it somehow...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back