Rossia question

bathypol

Wonderpus
Registered
I have been looking everywhere for a good reference for Rossia species. I have one by Nesis but I can't use it if the clubs are damaged. HELP (please :smile:)

:banghead:

Hmm. The Tree of Life's Rossia page lists a couple of references at the bottom but doesn't do any species diagnosis and probably relied heavily on Nesis, as you mentioned. A quick search on Google Scholar (which I assume you've also tried) didn't turn up much either... in what context are you IDing species? Nesis gives at least one extra character for most species and also mentions their distributions - do you have geographic collection data?

Tintenfisch;132296 said:
Hmm. The Tree of Life's Rossia page lists a couple of references at the bottom but doesn't do any species diagnosis and probably relied heavily on Nesis, as you mentioned. A quick search on Google Scholar (which I assume you've also tried) didn't turn up much either... in what context are you IDing species? Nesis gives at least one extra character for most species and also mentions their distributions - do you have geographic collection data?

Hi Tintenfisch,

I did search with Google to start and kept getting references to Russia. Gotta love spellcheck. The main problem I'm having is that the 3 species I am stuck between rely heavily on the tentacle clubs to distinguish between them and are all found in the same general area (the Arctic, in particular the western Arctic). I was just hoping someone had/knew of some rare key that could be of some help.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back