RIP Titch

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
We lost our Midget Octi Titch..........We had collected a new Common octopus quite a young one (so small) and a new staff member stuck it in the tank with Titch, not realising that common octis (Pinnoctopus cordiformis ) don't share......and it ATE Titch :cry:

The new octopus is now called Hannibal (the cannibal) and the new staff member will never make that mistake again!

J

Poor poor Titch... What happened to the new staff member? You ought to feed them to Hannibal. Sorry bout Ticht, hope the new octo is just as cool!

Working with a zoo director in the 80's, we had a red deer drop dead after being darted...and all of us were silent. He said "well, you have live stock, and then you have dead stock". Kind of a sad trueism...sucks about the octo, but it doesn't sound intentional.

greg

worst case like that which happened to me was looking after a friends everglades rat snake which got half eaten and regurgitated by a slightly larger great plains rat snake... never expected that to happen and was a real bad one to try and explain

wow...that is unusual. Have never heard of cannibalism in rat snakes....?
Yeah, I would feel guilty too, about either animal. Should have seen my face when I found that little octo out on my front driveway...

greg

Greg, its the 1st and last time i have ever seen any of that sort of thing with Elaphe!!! Which made it all the more difficult to try and explain to someone... BUT she did forgive me and about 6 years later we had a little girl together so there was no bad feelings LOL

That was before she left for madagascar and when she was engaged to some other guy LOL

cthulhu77 said:
wow...that is unusual. Have never heard of cannibalism in rat snakes....?
Yeah, I would feel guilty too, about either animal. Should have seen my face when I found that little octo out on my front driveway...

greg

So...the octo went for a little walk and forgot that it needs to stay in the water in order to stay alive?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back