Ringo needs IDing | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Ringo needs IDing

yantigg

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
These are pictures of Ringo. He was sent to me from California and was listed as a Indo-Pacific octopus. He likes to dance around the tank at night and during the day. He loves his two chromis tank buddies (bought for food, but hasn't happened yet). The pictures are the best that I could get. I tried to attach the video I have, but it would not work. If anyone needs anything else, let me know.

Attachments

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
From the coloration, spikey head, arm to mantle ratio and the recent popularity of importation from Indonesia, my best guess from the first pics is on of Chrissy's a. aculeatus.

dreadhead

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
I agree.I am starting to think that Achilles was an aculeatus as well(even though I was told he came from the Caribbean).

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards