• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Rich Ross interview

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Thanks for the post cuttlechris!

haggs;131792 said:
I dont claim to know a lot, but the picture at the start didnt impress me at all.............
I am not sure I understand what you mean. Is holding my daughter upside down while she giggles her butt off a bad thing?

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Supporter
Thales;131796 said:
Thanks for the post cuttlechris!

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Is holding my daughter upside down while she giggles her butt off a bad thing?

Maybe he prefers this one

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
haggs;131792 said:
I dont claim to know a lot, but the picture at the start didnt impress me at all.............
That's a shame. I thought it was great, and accurate, having met them both. :smile:

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
No worries - I just wanted to know what you saw as not good. :grin:
That photo has gotten a similar reaction before until people look at it upside down.

The skull shot though, that was just weird. She really wanted to touch them, but we said no, but the local said 'of course'!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Both pictures are awesome. Congrats on the interview, Thales! Nice coverage. Wish I (or someone) still had the time / inclination for the Octopodcast, those have the potential to be fun.

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Great Photos and a great interview.

Thales;131828 said:
I just wanted to know what you saw as not good. :grin:
That photo has gotten a similar reaction before until people look at it upside down.
When I first saw the photo in the interview, it almost looked like you were getting ready to launch her into the next county with a punch, but after viewing it upside down I can see the giggles, must be some kind of optical illusion for some of us.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
I did a double take on the photo too. I have to admit the fist at face level had a fist glance impact. Having been a member for several years and reading (and hearing) some of your super family adverntures, I knew it was all in fun but the initial impression is there.

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
When my girls and I had our Black Belt pics taken, the photographer had me lay down so they could "Karate chop" me- we played along even though we did Tae Kwon Do. Anyway, if you weren't at the photo shoot, you could have gotten a mistaken impression of the proofs. Also they didn't turn out as cool as it seemed like they would. I like the upside- down shot, though!

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
sedna;135808 said:
When my girls and I had our Black Belt pics taken, the photographer had me lay down so they could "Karate chop" me- we played along even though we did Tae Kwon Do. Anyway, if you weren't at the photo shoot, you could have gotten a mistaken impression of the proofs. Also they didn't turn out as cool as it seemed like they would. I like the upside- down shot, though!
soooo, where's the pic?

Members online

No members online now.