Return to the Hobby

Dools

GPO
Registered
I am currently cycling a newly setup 46-gal bow tank. I have kept an octopus before, but it has been a few years. I am looking forward to purchasing a common octopus from my LFS in a month or so. I hope to be as successful this time as I was before.

Thanks for the Welcome

Well the website has definitely changed from when I first joined the group, :smile: I look forward to posting pics of my new guest. Right now the only inhabitants are four hermit crabs (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snack)...morbid I know; & a queen conch. I am enclosing a pic of the tank pre-octo.

Attachments

• conv_298821.jpg
    conv_298821.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 88
Depending upon the species, the conch is likely to be a meal as well. Little Bit tried to eat the cowrie in her tank (larger than her mantle) that had lived with much larger animals without incident. Fortunately, I noticed she was covering something when nothing should have been edible in the tank and rescued the cowrie.

Thanks for the info D. Once I know what type and size octo I get, if necessary; I can move the conch into my reef tank.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back