RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY: New Zealand Cranchiidae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
OK; heading up to that time when some of you might be considering a new Masters or PhD research topic.

I thought I'd dangle a little bait, and see if anyone is interested in looking at the New Zealand Cranchiid fauna. The collections are quite diverse (National Museum of New Zealand), and have once been reviewed by Nancy Voss, many years ago now. There have been numerous additions to the fauna since then, and a number of either new species or new geographic records (for New Zealand) exist.

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Just 'bumping' this thread (the last post being nearly 3.5 years ago). Yes, I'm looking for someone that might be interested in a taxonomic research programme on New Zealand cranchiid squid. I can assure you that this will be most challenging and rewarding.

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I've waited 3.5 already Heather. It all depends on who waves their hand in the air and when. It could be 20 years before somebody does this.

Cheers

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Hi Mark, Lime. In less than 30 days I'll know whether this project is gone (there's a scholarship application in for it).

I do hope to be able to 'unstick' it soon, then put another online (there are endless research topics!). What happened with the eel project?

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
This one prematurely aged me .... :old:

I'm happy to announce (although I shouldn't) that this is now taken! Congratulations Jens (who has just received a doctoral scholarship), and welcome back to AUT. You're following in Dr :twisted:'s footsteps now, but you've already well-and-truly established yourself with your research on histioteuthids. (You'll be in good company, with postgrad systematic research also being undertaken on pareledonid octopods, chiroteuthid squid, and Kat continuing hers on onychoteuthids [and hopefully branching out]).

We'll have a party for you when you return in 2009 :band: :glass:

monty

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Supporter
Steve O'Shea;127111 said:
...and Kat continuing hers on onychoteuthids [and hopefully branching out]).
I dunno, I think she might be hooked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.