Refugiam prep, tank make over, and a new chapter!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Featured Thread #61
I'm not sure as I keep very few corals in my tank. I have noticed that most coral tanks do best when there are fish in the tank and suspect the detritus and fish food are appreciated by the corals. Before you try supplements, you might try grinding up and feeding a tiny amount of finely ground regular table shrimp and moving the mushroom or lighting to where it gets more light. I do add a tiny amount of vitamin B and iodine no more than once a month but sometimes I think even that has a slight negative impact.

KD5054

GPO
Registered
CuttlefishDart.jpg

My little guys are slowly growing. They are now about as bit as my pinking. So maybe just under an inch. "
I am thinking by next week I will graduate them from their nursery to the main tank. They are eating shore shrimp currently though I pick out the smaller ones for them and the mysid shrimp they almost ignore due to they seem so small now in size.

Thoughts?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
nice - looking great! :thumbsup:

KD5054

GPO
Registered
With them growing to about an inch of size and seeming to be at the point of too big for their nursery- I finally moved them into the main tank which is a 30 gallon.

This was done last Thursday.
Since then I've hit a few issues I'm not sure how the address:
The main one being that they seem to wish to stay at the very back of the tank. I was hoping they would explore a little more. Maybe this is normal.
Also- I'm not quite sure how to be certain they are eating. I feel as if I've read a lot of people who say their cuttlefish come to to the front for'begging' behavior but I have not witnessed that.
I do know they are eating as I fed and they accepted food the day I moved them in plus I added a few shore shrimp (saltwater acclimated) and they have since dissapeared.

Suggestions?

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtonArthurs

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean