• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

ReefLife issue dedicated to cephalopods

ceph

Wonderpus
Staff member
The most recent issue (Vol 1, number 4) of ReefLife (www.reeflifemagazine.com) is dedicated to Cephalopods! I am very impressed with the quality of this new publication.

Inside you will find five featured articles on cephalopods on the topics of: Pharaoh cuttlefish, Octopus chierchiae, The Lives of Cephalopods, Flamboyant cuttlefish, and an Eye for Octopus.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
We might even know one of the cuttlefish authors :gigas:

In the fourth issue of ReefLife we will examine one of the most fascinating groups of marine organisms — the cephalopods. Richard Ross will discuss one of the most spectacular members of this group, the aptly named flamboyant cuttlefish (Metasepia pfefferi), as well as share some of his research on the lesser Pacific striped octopus (Octopus chierchiae). Naturalist/photographer Mark Strickland will explore the mating behavior of the Pharaoh cuttlefish (Sepia pharaonis) and also share an amazing encounter he had with a muddy argonaut (Argonauta hians). We will also examine, in a colorful pictorial, some of the cephalopods the diver is likely to encounter in the tropical coastal waters of the western Pacific, as well as the cool waters of southern Australia.

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
We do have some smart people aboard.:notworth:

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Their Paypal link is broken. When I reported the problem they gave me a phone number to call but she I only got an answering machine when I tried. I will try at an earlier time tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.