RED OCTOPUS

Madison League

Hatchling
Registered
anything some can tell me about The Red octopus would be very much operated! things from how to set up my tank to feeding them...even facts about the octopus :)) thanks

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Madison,
:welcome: I am in Gainesville and estatic to see a new member so close!

A LOT more info is needed. By any chance, did you get it from Dr's Foster and Smith (Live Aquaria)? If so there is a good chance that it is a species of the Macropus complex and similar to two I have kept. There are larger Macropuses that would be problematic for most aquarium keepers but if we go on the assumption it is the smaller one a 40 - 50 gallon tank with sump works well. This is Puddles journal and here is the one for Beldar.

I have another little guy that is very, very red and is still a species mystery. Little Bit is just now starting to come out more than an eye and very fast arm so I am hoping to add photos soon. She/he is Caribbean and I initially guessed Atlantic long arm but as her mantle has grown her arms have not lengthened to the proportions of this species so I am still without a clue. However, Little Bit is not the same species as the one that was recently available through Live Aquaria.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AquariumDepot

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards