• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

recommended clean up crew for a octo tank

Funny about the bristles. (I will say this and get an infected finger, just watch) I tend to be a very hand-in aquarium keeper (it has been a year and my knuckle is almost normal after my lion fish didn't like me picking up a knocked over coral) and use my fingers to stir up the sand when other methods fail. I am particularly bad about this with my 15 gallon merc tank. I have both the very small bristles as well as some rather large ones. Also, I search my old filters for pods before discarding or washing and invariably I will mistake a small bristle (or part of one) for a Cyclop-eze eating pod and try to pick it off the filter. The odd thing is, I have never - I know I should not say this ... - had a problem with the bristles in my fingers.

well, I grabbed a 4 or 5 incher and threw him in another tank the other day. I have handled them before as well, no bites.

I also keep brittle stars, money cowries, and an abalone. Bristle worms are also an intrical part of my crew. The money cowries and abalone are the only snails that my A. aculeatus won't eat. Crabs are always goners.

Also good to know. I would think that the abalone would be toast, but then again I know a couple abalone divers that say that they have lost crowbars trying to get them off rocks.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back