Really, how hard can octo ranching be?

copy111

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I've been reefing for two years and have a christmas present lined up for myself, involving an octopus and a large tank!

Sadly, I'm lost, confused, and besides knowing that octopi (octopi? Octopus?) are hard to maintain, I don't know anything about keeping them! So, I came here to try and figure it out!

Any advice? Direction? Where I should go on the site?

Besides that, I have a seventy five gallon reef tank and a fourteen gallon nano reef going on :smile:

Welcome to the world of MTS. So far so good in that you have identified that an octopus needs a species only tank. In addition to the articles tonmo mentions, two of our staff members have written a book, Cephalopods, Octopuses and Cuttlefishes for the Home Aquarium that nicely incorporates a lot of what you need to know to get started. The Tank Talk forum has good discussions on setting up a ceph tank in general and ideas for octoproofing the environment. The List of Our Octopuses 2008 - 2010 at the top of the Journals and Photos forum shows a list of the species for each of those years and the journals are linked to the listing. After you get your feet wet, let us know how we can help.

Hey! I have a plan set out for my setup, think you can give it a reveiw, but perhaps this isn't th right section. I guess I'll put it in octopus care?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back