• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Re-Animator

Graeme

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I thought it was OK. Very silly, and very gory. Just complete over the top wackiness. I would have rathered it was more dark and brooding like the original story, but it's testament to the era in which it was made.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
I like it. Plus, some of it was filmed in Caltech buildings I've spent some time in... It's silly, as is the From Beyond adaptation from the same group.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
I put it in the same category as things like "Evil Dead", etc. The bit with the "headless doctor" doing some orating was really, really twisted. I laughed my rear off !

OctoPussyAZ

Wonderpus
Supporter
In the sequel, the doctor has fruit bat wings sewn on his head, and then has himself FedExed to his med student nemesis. Truly awesome silliness -- especially when the student reacts to opening the box by grimly but calmly getting a broom to whack the doctor down from the ceiling where he's fluttering about on his new bat wings.

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
I plan on adding Beyond Re-animator to my Netflix list. I hear Bride of Re-animator is pretty... lame. Supposedly they are expecting the release of a 4th Re-animator film due in 2010. Noticed on Amazon.com "Army of Darkness Vs. Re-Animator"... might have to order that one. Bruce Campbell is definitely my favorite B-movie actor, would love an Army of Darkness sequel. Ash is a great character. Would be weird now that Bruce is fat and gray though.

Members online

No members online now.