Random Octopus Picture

A friend sent me this link- thought it was worth sharing and I was wondering if anybody had any idea on the species.

tiny-octopus-large-image.jpg

I thought I saw that same picture labeled as a O.briareus somewhere, but it looks a little different than one I caught . I got mine from a crab trap and it was almost exactly that size. The diffrence was that mine had lighter blue eyes,

his page contains photos and descriptions of Colin Dunlop's baby O. briareus.
Cephalopod Care

Upvote 0
I guess I lost my connection before I hit the post button :hmm:. What I had responded was that it was neither O.briareus (because of the eye color) nor O.mercatoris from my direct experience with the hatchlings but I have no guesses as to what it is. I think Jill posted a link to this picture a ways back (yes, CaptFish we have seen it before :biggrin2:) and I inquired about the species at that time but no information was forthcoming.

Upvote 0
Sorry about the repost then, I hadn't seen it on here anywhere before. There's definitely some artifacts on the body which may be making it slightly more unclear as to what the texture really does look like. Oh well, maybe someone will encounter a hatchling that looks like it someday :smile:

Upvote 0
Repost not a problem. It was posted as cute and I posted back to the original forum (not TONMO) asking for an ID or if anyone had the photo source. Unfortunately, no on had a response.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back