Random Octopus Picture

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I thought I saw that same picture labeled as a O.briareus somewhere, but it looks a little different than one I caught . I got mine from a crab trap and it was almost exactly that size. The diffrence was that mine had lighter blue eyes,

his page contains photos and descriptions of Colin Dunlop's baby O. briareus.
http://www.tonmo.com/cephcare/babybriareus.php

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
What a handsome little guy.

:octorun:

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
I guess I lost my connection before I hit the post button :hmm:. What I had responded was that it was neither O.briareus (because of the eye color) nor O.mercatoris from my direct experience with the hatchlings but I have no guesses as to what it is. I think Jill posted a link to this picture a ways back (yes, CaptFish we have seen it before :biggrin2:) and I inquired about the species at that time but no information was forthcoming.

busydoingscienc

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Sorry about the repost then, I hadn't seen it on here anywhere before. There's definitely some artifacts on the body which may be making it slightly more unclear as to what the texture really does look like. Oh well, maybe someone will encounter a hatchling that looks like it someday :smile:

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Repost not a problem. It was posted as cute and I posted back to the original forum (not TONMO) asking for an ID or if anyone had the photo source. Unfortunately, no on had a response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcorbell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak