Questions about a convention

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Ok, I was reading the tonmocon 1 thread, and I was wondering if anything became of that? If it happened, when is the next one? If it didn't, are there plans to have it in 2005?
And one more thing, if we have a convention, could it be in like Seattle, or better yet Vancouver BC, for those of us who live on the west coast and cannot get to the other side of the country!

I hope we have one!
:tentacle:

Hey There GPO87!

Vancouver has a nice aquarium - Seattle has the Open Sound dome exhibit where they placed a GPO in the mixed environment with big predators. They hoped that the camoflage would make enable the GPO to survive being eaten by sharks, wolf eels, etc.; instead, it enabled the octo to stalk, kill, and eat the sharks! This was featured on the special Incredible Suckers, if I recall! I'm personally jockeying for Monterey Bay Aquarium - still on the West Coast, but a bit of a distance for either of us. It's all up to Melissa when she gets back, but remember, regardless of where Tonmocon I takes place, all of our international members will have a long jaunt to get there if it is indeed in North America, so you shouldn't despair about distance - just start saving for that airline ticket now! :cthulhu:

erich orser said:
They hoped that the camoflage would make enable the GPO to survive being eaten by sharks, wolf eels, etc.; instead, it enabled the octo to stalk, kill, and eat the sharks! This was featured on the special Incredible Suckers, if I recall!

Really? That's the incredible suckers that was part of the "Nature" documentaries, right? I don't recal that being on it, unless they've made an updated version! Maybe my memories failing me :lol:

Anyway, I have the tape so maybe I'll check when I have some free time (which could be in about seven or so years)

GPO87 said:
Really? That's the incredible suckers that was part of the "Nature" documentaries, right? I don't recal that being on it, unless they've made an updated version! Maybe my memories failing me :lol:

Anyway, I have the tape so maybe I'll check when I have some free time (which could be in about seven or so years)

LOL :lol:

I THINK it was Incredible Suckers... I don't know for sure, though. I have so many ceph-docs on tape that I might be confused! Plus, last night was my delayed birthday party, so I'm a trifle fuzzy-headed at the moment :sink:

Enjoyed, yes. Probably a little too much, as the hair of the dog came in to play the next day - it was a three-day holiday weekend. Then I went online. I don't really ever recommend doing that. It can be rather troubling when you view your posts the next day and realize, well... but thanks! I had a very happy birthday!

:cthulhu:

Thanks!

For the last few weeks I've had a problem looking at attachments - particularly pictures - and couldn't access your link. I'll copy and paste it instead, but thanks! Recently we switched from an aged PC to a brand-new G-5 and I still must not understand the transition. I'll figure it out. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

I've only ever set up 2 G5's and I never really payed any attention to whether or not RealPlayer had been installed by Apple when they shipped the system. I kind of doubt it since Apple thinks Quicktime is the only player anyone should ever need, so you'll probably have to download it from the Real website, which means you'll have to register yourself to receive their spam. If you haven't already, I'd set up a free yahoo or hotmail account specifically for spam sewage purposes and use it to register for things like RealPlayer.

Unless they send you your registeration password via email only. Besides, receiving spam (and being sure to mark it as such) helps in the development of anti-spam lists and algorithms.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back