• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

question about octopus care and tank set up

Thanks

sorseress;124328 said:
The only kind of octopus that you could keep in a 29 gallon won't be very interesting, I'm afraid. To have a truly enjoyable octopus experience you should be thinking in terms of 55 gallons or larger. If you haven't done it already, begin reading the articles and forums devoted to ceph care. This question gets asked about a dozen times a week, and the answers to that, and probably any other questions you might have are already available there.

Ok thanks sorseress

hey!! im kinda new at this but im REALLY REALLY intrested in buying a octopus that will interact with me
Does anybody have suggestions on which kind to buy??

Tessa;126560 said:
hey!! im kinda new at this but im REALLY REALLY intrested in buying a octopus that will interact with me
Does anybody have suggestions on which kind to buy??

:welcome: to TONMO!

I'd suggest that you focus on the tank setup and needs first, and try to come up with a system that can handle any of the better species. A 55-75gal tank that's octoproofed, has good filtration and lots of live rock, and has been cycled for 3 months is necessary before getting any octopus, and then your best bet would be to see what's available at that time. If bimacs were still regularly available, I'd say it's worth considering if you'd want a chiller for one of them, but most of the species we're seeing lately are tropical.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back