pygmy octo

arcprolife

Hatchling
Registered
My LFS has a pygmy octo about the size of a nickel. They have him in a critter keeper in the tank. I often read how big something gets but its not until you see it in person you realize wow thats small. Will it get much bigger and would keeping it in a large size critter keeper work for keeping it from getting out of my main tank.

arcprolife

Hatchling
Registered
did you cover the slits with anything extra-the guy at the LFS said he had gotten out a few times and visited a few tanks. Its amazing how they fit out of that thin little slit. Its why I am concerned I would have a hard time keeping him locked in a 30 gallon. Atleast the critter keeper gives me a little more control.

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
arcprolife;131667 said:
did you cover the slits with anything extra-the guy at the LFS said he had gotten out a few times and visited a few tanks. Its amazing how they fit out of that thin little slit. Its why I am concerned I would have a hard time keeping him locked in a 30 gallon. Atleast the critter keeper gives me a little more control.
I put the top inside of some panty hose, cut the extra length off, then popped it on. You may need to direct a powerhead onto the lid to make the water flow inside better, the panty hose can be a bit restrictive to the current.

bluespotocto

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
ya you can set him in a smaller aquarium in the large aquarium for a little while until he gets bigger. Make sure all the cracks are sealed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnyegaard

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak