Public Cephalopod Aquariums

Riverbanks zoo in Columbia,SC Has at least one Octo (if not more, just remember one) and they have a nautilus tank.....
The South Carolina Aquarium, in Charleston,SC Generally has a O. vulgaris on hand in a smaller exhibit

esquid;107093 said:
-The New England aquarium in Boston has cuttlefish and a giant octopus. Last time I was there they had nautitus, but they are not listed on the site.

-The National Zoo in DC has cuttlefish(S. officinalis) and a giant octopus.

The National Zoo in D.C. sometimes has cuttlefish, but they dont currently have any, the have a Giant Pacific Octopus, and they also have 3-5 nautilus on display and keep several more tucked out of site. (I live right next to the zoo so go there a lot and know some people that work in the invertibrate exhibit.)

Actually Im not sure about the cuttlefish, Last time I went--3-4 weeks ago-- there weren't any on display, but they may have had some behind seens.

At the National Aquarium in Baltimore we currently have two chambered nautilus on display as well as our newest GPO, Miki. We did have two pharaoh cuttlefish on display for a brief period of time during the past spring/summer.

We have one Enteroctopus dofleini, three Nautilus pompilius, and usually four to six Sepia pharaonis or Sepia officinalis (but the exhibit is being overhauled right now) at the Aquarium at Moody Gardens.

I visited the Georgia Aquarium in December and they had one E. dofleini.

Greg

We are about 1.5 hours north of downtown but have a fenced yard (our neighbors dogs have actually dug INTO our fence to play with our overly large dogs) and a spare bedroom ;>) so let us know when you plan another trip this way!

:welcome: to TONMO, and thanks for the heads up on that aquarium...

If I might put in a plug for the Flint Riverquarium (in Albany, GA, about 3 hours south of Atlanta) we had a habitat with a female bimac who laid eggs. The kids really loved watching her tend them, then really enjoyed watching some of them grow up - our last one just passed at 12 months. Currently awaiting another female bimac - hope to have greater success this time.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back