• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Protozoa in cuttles

Kram;136074 said:
I will upload the pics tonight. From live freshwater fish as prey i switched to frozen krill and the 2 cuttles are taking in. Leftover pieces are sweep by hungry nautilus.

cheers

I'm glad you switched diets. Even enriched FW fish or crustaceans are not right for cephs, the protein content is too low and the fat content too high. Cephs have a protein based metabolism and they need a lot of protein but they can't store or perhaps even properly digest the fat.

Looks like a nice tank.

J

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences i really appreciate it. Thales thanks for sharing your ceph website its really great. Im always staring at those little critters that you have kept in your farm. :smile:

Cheers

Till next time

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back