problems with toms carribean

I made an order of $200.00 but I just remembered my credit card had been canceled so I had to cancel the order by the time I told him he was done packing and I felt so bad. I had realized he wasted his time and packing materials on me for no reason. I feel I ow him for the trouble I caused him so I emailed him a apology saying how sorry I was. I have made many orders with him in the past and really enjoyed his services. He emailed me back saying he spent 4 hours packing and had to throw away packing materials. I felt really bad this is ho much time he spent on me then I read this.( I can't believe people would do something like this. I never want to hear from you again. You can find someone else to fill your orders.) this really dicouraged me from trying to pay him for the trouble I had caused him because I am excpecting an email like (I don't want your money. stop emailing me.). I fell really bad but I did not know he would shut down my acount.

Hmmm, well thats not a smart bussiness move. I see how agrivated he would be, but closing your account? Thats throwing away possibley thousands of dollars. Did you explain why you had to cancel? If not you could email him and explain why you had to cancel and offer to pay for packing materials. If he emails you back yelling at you then you dont have to feel bad anymore about wasting his time, because at least you offered.

Well, I use him all the time and I think he is great. He delivers the products to me personally and I have never had ANY problems. Plus now whenever he gets an octopus he lets me know. I do know he spends a lot of money on packing materials especially on a $200 order.

I made an order of $200.00 but I just remembered my credit card had been canceled so I had to cancel the order by the time I told him he was done packing

It took over two hours for you to remember your card was bad? I'll be honest I'm going to stand up for Tom here, and say your story sounds fishy, no pun intended. I am suppose to talk with him today, I will ask him what the deal was. And get his side of the story.

captfish how much does he spend on packing on a order like that so I know how much to offer him for his troubles. I did feel really stupid and I'll admit it may have taken me a little longer to find out I used the bad card number.

depends on what you ordered and how far it was traveling but about $8-$18 just for the box. Styrofoam boxes are expensive, and in some areas he needs to use double thick foam boxes. Then he has to bag and gas everything which is very time consuming, especially if it is crabs and such wich require double bags. There are also the heater packs that can be needed. So its really hard to say how much was spent.

To: captholliday
Sent: Sat, April 17, 2010 12:48:36 PM
Subject: Re: Pygmy

Hello Dave, He did this 2 days in a row. I had to unpack his order twice. He wouldn't give me a phone number to call him in case I had a problem. After the second time. I sent an email right away. I didn't hear from until 2 days later. I don't need those kind of headaches with ***** in the hospital and trying to care for ****** who has Alzheimer. I'm a busy person and it seemed like he was just playing a game with me.

Sorry, I didn't get anything (including pygmys) from the shrimper this week.

Thank You
Toms Caribbean Tropical's Inc.
Tomscaribbean.com
305-852-7810 Shop
305-942-4643 Cell

The first day as I said I thoght this was the right card number and if he told you I can't call him because there are some problems with my land line and I am not getting A cell phone for A few months. Also on the first day the shipping company was the problem not me and those 2 days I did not respond to him I was lying in bed sick. I can assure you bussienes is not a game.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back