press inquiry/Seattle/Vienna

uw17

Hatchling
Registered
Hi, I am an Vienna (Austria) based journalist. I participate in a journalism project at University of Washington in Seattle. As part of that project I will write and publish an article about octopuses. Apart from talking to the marine biology department and to the Seattle Aquarium I would like to talk with a cep keeper. So I wonder if there is someone in Seattle who would like to talk to me. I am in town until the 11th of August so the meeting would have to take place in the next couple of days. The article will be published in own of the leading Austrian newspapers (diepresse.com). Thanks for your help and best regards, Ulrike Weiser

AquaticEngineer

GPO
Registered
You should take a trip out to Rosario Beach WA and talk to Kirt Onthank, he is a ceph expert that teaches at Walla Walla University and has a summer course on cephalopods he teaches out there. He is also a member of this group but I cant remember his Tonmo board name. You can see some of his current stuff on youtube here: Octopodium

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
I can never remember Kirt's TONMO name either but had to dig it up to wish him a happy birthday the other day so you should be able to contact him here as, @Taollan. He is currently doing summer research at Rosario Beach. He has been very poor about posting this year's adventures though. Here is the only one posted so far. A comment via the YouTube video might get his attention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh1988

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards