• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Powerheads and Cuttles

Almondsaz

Wonderpus
Registered
Question for the experienced. Do you have to take into account any special considerations when using powerheads in your system. Can you use anything or do you have to be careful.

What do all you use?

I cover mine with mesh, like the mesh used in meshwheel skimmer modifications. Bits of macro get caught up in them and just grow and I leave it.

I would prefer to just use votechs wiith their nice foam covers and perfect flow, but 2 more for the cuttlefish tank just isn't in the budget these days.

Take a foam filter block that you would use with an aquaclear hob filter, make a hole in the foam and fit the strainer of the intake of the power head into it. You can even cut it to a pleasing shape.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back